Search This Blog

Friday, January 21, 2011

     My greatest ideas come and go like the ocean tides. In a brief moment I will be exploding with ideas, to the point where my fingers eagerly try to keep pace. The next well, I find myself drifting (sometimes to sleep) because I can't seem to get the words out right. If that isn't bad enough, lets throw in something else. Schedule (a wonderful invention, isn't it?), that was only made to sabotage my only great chance at infinite success.
     How do you measure success, where it matters the most. In writing a novel.
     Since this my blog, I am going to be a little selfish, and go out on a limb.
    
     How about success starting with formulating an idea. Check
     Next, adding great characters that make the novel sing. Check
     What about finishing the first draft of the novel and being truly proud of yourself. Big Fat No

     Writing, as I mentioned, can be hard enough. Adding a two and four year old into the mix and some ailments and I can kiss my sweet serenity goodbye. Believe me, despite my really good excuses, there is some good points to this beginning summary. Motivation is alive and well and so is its cousin, perseverance.

    With this blog, I can assure you it will end with a finished novel. Maybe even a good, entertaining story for my generations to come. But, whatever happens, the story will go on. I will be proud of my success, even if that means one chapter at a time.



    




    

No comments:

Post a Comment